Back pain plagues almost everyone at least once in their lifetime. There are many effective ways to treat persistent back pain including:
1. Physical therapy.
2. Chiropractic care by manual manipulation. Chiropractors can fix misaligned joints by moving them back into place which can help decrease pain.
3. Accupuncture. Acupuncture is a Chinese medicine practice where a therapist inserts tiny needles in the areas of your body thought to establish balance. You then relax for 30 minutes before the needles are removed. Studies have shown that this eases pain by increasing blood flow which in turn releases your tight and sore muscles.
4. Massage therapy where a therapist kneads and massages your tense, overworked, or injured muscles. It helps pain because it increases your circulation which soothes sore muscles.
5. Pain management. This includes use of medications and corticosteroid injections performed by a pain management physician.
6. Surgery. If no other treatment has worked, a small percentage of people who have herniated discs, spinal stenosis, or other problems that have not responded to physical may need surgery.
It is important to know your medical treatment options and to keep a healthy mental mindset that your spine pain will improve or go away!